Tiding over an attack of vertigo can be quite challenging. Those who have suffered from vertigo know exactly how distressing it can be! It could happen anytime, anywhere and spin your life out of control within minutes.
Vertigo is a term used to describe a sensation as if everything around you is spinning with a feeling of light headedness, dizziness and/or unsteadiness. It may be associated with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, altered level of consciousness and hearing loss. It can last a few seconds to a few minutes and occasionally longer too. Vertigo is a common medical problem and affects a large number of the people at some point or another during their life.
Some people get recurrent attacks of vertigo and the acute attacks when they come – come suddenly and may lead to falls and injuries to the one suffering. If you or your loved one is suffering from vertigo, it is important to know few First Aid tips, which are of great help during an acute attack of dizziness.
- As soon as you feel that you are feeling giddy, it is very important for you to lie down or sit down to prevent a fall. Lying down and resting your head against a pillow with closed eyes is the best thing to do during an acute attack
- If you are alone call for help
- If you are driving then pull over to the side as soon as you start feeling dizzy
- Loosen up tight clothing
- Open all the windows in the room as fresh air will help you feel better
- A calm and quiet environment can help alleviate your symptoms
- Avoid bright light; a dark room is preferred
- If you are not nauseous, drink sips of water. Avoid substances that can affect circulation including caffeine, tobacco and alcohol
- Herbal remedies such as ginger root and mint leaves are known to reduce symptoms in some people
- When you feel the dizziness has settled, turn to your side and get up from the lying down position gradually
Once the acute attack is over it is recommended that you get yourself evaluated for the cause of vertigo. The treatment and management is more successful if you address the cause of vertigo instead of the symptoms. To know more about vertigo click on the link: https://www.welcomecure.com/diseases/vertigo/overview
Once the cause is established and you are under treatment, the following steps will help avoid further attacks.
- Once you know you have vertigo, it is important for you to get up from the bed slowly. A sudden jerk to the neck while getting up from the bed can precipitate an attack of vertigo
- Avoid too much of neck extension and strain on your neck as well
- Avoid sudden postural changes
- Sometimes an ear infection too can precipitate an attack of vertigo. If you are suspecting an ear infection, it is better that you get yourself checked and treated for the same to get rid of vertigo
- Fluid intake at regular intervals is known to help
- If you have a feeling that your medications are not helping you, talk to your doctor he might consider changing your medicine
If you are suffering from severe and frequent episodes of vertigo you must take Homoeopathic treatment to get long lasting and complete relief. Homeopathy is based on natural laws and holistic principles. It takes in to consideration the complete history which not only helps to find out the cause but also helps treat the root cause of vertigo. There are more than 50 natural, chemical and side-effect free medicines in the Homeopathic repertoire for vertigo. Consult our expert Homeopathy physicians and get freedom from vertigo today! https://www.welcomecure.com/patient/Registration